THE ART OF BOOKS & SMALL PRINT PUBLICATIONS

This is a blog on artist books, artist notebooks, magazines, poetry editions and other small print publications. Like FRIOUR is the Icelandic word for peace, BOKLIST are the Icelandic words for book (bok) and art (list). This is also a group blog in which those who are invited can upload their own books and/or comments.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

TURTLE VISIONS 3


Christine Tarantino made this box to cover the 3d compilation of contributions to the project "Turtle Visions".

I made 3 artist books in which I reproduced the scanned contributions.

Next to the images were poems on Turtles or diary fragments.

The 3d book was lying in my flat without a destination and I decided to put it into the network again, to get more reactions and interventions on "Turtles"...

This was the start of a corresponDANCE and friendship between Christine and myself. An Internet group on artist books refused the idea of a book traveling to the "unknown" inside the network. It was this clash of ideas and mentalities that brought us closer...


Cover of the original 3d compilation, made of marbled paper, a technique that comes from Turkey and that was demonstrated to me by Alain Valet (Belgium) and by some artists in Germany whom I met in Dusseldorf during a fair on printing techniques. They were demonstrating this on the streets and I loved the magic of it...

New added material in Turtle Visions 3

by Zois Elizabeth (USA)

who visited me with her partner Lynn

in 2004 and 2005 and whom I looking forward

to meet again in 2006 ...


New intervention by Christine, who understood Turtle's abilities to achieve peace and understanding, a slow process but belonging to an age before men existed, like all reptiles I cherish their wisdom and memory and longing and belonging ... (GV)

The original book was size: 15 X 21 cm and contained 104 pages