THE ART OF BOOKS & SMALL PRINT PUBLICATIONS

This is a blog on artist books, artist notebooks, magazines, poetry editions and other small print publications. Like FRIOUR is the Icelandic word for peace, BOKLIST are the Icelandic words for book (bok) and art (list). This is also a group blog in which those who are invited can upload their own books and/or comments.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

ISSUES IS US



Issues is us is a great set of artist books, conceived as a whole and put in a box, created by Christine Tarantino and mailed to me

The 5 books are inner connected and explore themes as:

POVERTY

MATERIALISM

PREJUDICE

ANIMAL NEGLECT

VIOLENCE


The books are all made with recycled,

found or discarded materials

and then put into black covers

Size: 16 X 11 inches

It made me return to my second trip to the US

in 1997 when Mavis Avis Fenderson donated me

an artist book made also with discarded stuff.

During my travels I've always used this book

as an example how to make an artist book with

scraps and that not all artist books are the

result of so-called "fine arts".

(GV)


It was great to see how Mavis' work (with whom I lost touch) surfaced again in the artistic and human explorations of Christine.

Contact:

Words of Light Int'L Publishing

275 Baldwinville Road

Phillipston, MA

01331-9733 USA

Christine's new project is a tribute to Ellen Degeneres!